The mobile market will when again collect in Barcelona for the Mobile World Congress from February 26 to 29, 2024. At the Fira Gran Via in hall 5, cubicle 5A80, Rohde & & Schwarz will be showcasing a range of developments covering 4 locations that represent the occasion’s primary styles: 5G and beyond concentrates on a range of services driving the development of 5G and the development of 6G; Linked whatever functions services for the smooth combination of linked communities; Personal networks covers efficiency and quality control for service and mission-critical interactions; and Video game changers enables visitors to take an early leap into tomorrow’s increased truth applications.
5G and beyond
A big part of the Rohde & & Schwarz cubicle will be devoted to services that allow the mobile community and empower next-generation connection. Visitors will experience the shift from 5G to 5G Advanced through numerous presentation of the R&S CMX500 one-box 5G signaling tester (OBT) and other modern radio interaction testers covering the most recent innovation improvements:
- Rohde & & Schwarz is pressing the limitations of smooth international protection over land, sea and air with its test services for non-terrestrial networks. NTN-NR straight links smart devices and other 5G gadgets with satellite-based services. In a demonstration setup, the R&S CMX500 mobile radio tester will mimic a wide variety of network conditions to make sure NTN-NR gadgets carry out perfectly throughout the world.
- Leading the way for the 5G NR FR3 frequency band, which will offer larger bandwidth to tomorrow’s mobile networks, the R&S CMX500 and R&S CMP200 radio interaction testers are all set for R&D and production tests. At MWC, visitors will see signaling and non-signaling measurements, supporting the particular frequency variety from 4 to 20 GHz.
- Another emphasize at the program cubicle are FR1 RF and RRM measurements with the tiniest footprint in the market. Rohde & & Schwarz has actually improved the R&S CMX500 to offer 3GPP conformance tests for radio resource management and RF inband in a single box
- The combination of untrusted non-3GPP networks such as public hotspots and home or business WLAN with the 5G core network is a vital element of the 5G development. For that reason, Rohde & & Schwarz has actually included Wi-Fi 7 abilities to the R&S CMX500 multi-technology multi-channel signaling tester. 5G WLAN offloading abilities are consisted of, also, with the test platform serving as an N3IWF entrance. With this, likewise Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) can be evaluated all in a single box. In addition, the R&S CMP180 radio interaction tester will confirm a WLAN waveform with 480 MHz bandwidth in loop-back mode, a possible waveform prospect talked about in concerns to a not-yet specified Wi-Fi 8 (IEEE 802.11 bn) requirement, confirming that the instrument is future-proof for users in both, R&D and production.
Other presentations around 5G at the Rohde & & Schwarz cubicle will resolve 5G Broadcast, where Rohde & & Schwarz has actually been leading the market and showing the technological maturity through real-world presentations and useful services worldwide. At MWC, the business will show how broadcasters, network operators and content companies can utilize 5G Broadcast for brand-new service chances, developing on the innovation’s high quality of end-user experience and exceptional spectrum effectiveness.
When it concerns emerging O-RAN innovations for network facilities, Rohde & & Schwarz uses a tested, automatic test option together with VIAVI Solutions that assists to enhance network effectiveness and attain energy cost savings. Radio systems of an Open RAN based network (O-RU) contribute significantly to the overall power intake. VIAVI’s TM500 O-RU Tester uses energy effectiveness focused O-DU emulation test scripts. The O-RU activity versus power intake is kept track of utilizing the R&S RTO oscilloscope. The R&S NGP power supply systems power the O-RU and screen voltage and present stats gradually. The main O-RU Test Supervisor application from VIAVI manages the complete set-up.
To make sure optimal quality of service (QoS) and quality of experience (QoE) in public and personal 5G mobile networks, Rohde & & Schwarz will display its customized option portfolio. Mobile network screening professionals will provide a broad series of live item demonstrations, test situations and an ETSI balanced method for organized network efficiency enhancements. The services empower consumers around the world to confirm and make sure optimal efficiency for human and device end-users along the whole network lifecycle of public along with service and objective important mobile networks.
Looking beyond 5G and onward to 6G, Rohde & & Schwarz will show a variety of succinct test services in Barcelona to allow applied research study for instance in the Terahertz program in the D-Band (110 to 170 GHz). Part of these presentations will be the brand-new R&S SFI100A wideband IF vector signal generator. The compact, easy to use instrument for requiring applications includes a really large RF modulation bandwidth of approximately 10 GHz and produces completely adjusted IF signals. Likewise, in cooperation with NVIDIA, Rohde & & Schwarz advanced its hardware-in-the-loop test bed for a neural receiver and included custom-made modulation abilities. This ingenious presentation extends the concept of an AI-native air user interface principle for 6G, which both business currently presented throughout in 2015’s MWC occasion. It now incorporates both the receiver and the transmitter side, marking a substantial leap in checking out AI’s capacity in future cordless interactions.
Rohde & & Schwarz empowers a firmly linked world throughout various aspects of life, from gadgets like wearables or commercial devices interacting with each other to linked automobiles to the most important information transfers. Rohde & & Schwarz brings its modern radio interaction testers to MWC showcasing applications which allow incorporated web of things ( IoT) networks:
- While NTN-NR is still in the making, NTN NB-IoT innovation is currently bringing cordless connection to remote locations that do not have access to terrestrial networks for usage cases like SOS messaging or remote tracking. The R&S CMW500 covers screening requirements from R&D to conformance and operator screening for NB-IoT NTN, not just supporting procedure, RRM and RF conformance screening in line with 3GPP, however likewise the Skylo test strategy– all in a single box.
- 3GPP Rel.17 presented 5G RedCap (decreased ability), allowing a brand-new set of IoT gadgets. 5G RedCap modems are less intricate, utilize less spectrum bandwidth, take in less power and work just in standalone (SA) mode. The R&S CMX500 OBT lite is prepared to resolve all screening elements of such gadgets, consisting of power intake screening, a really crucial KPI for chipsets producers and OEMs.
MWC visitors associated with the automobile market will have the ability to check out services dealing with automobile connection at the Rohde & & Schwarz cubicle. The business’s T&M services allow improvements in the linked automobile, where brand-new innovations will improve the driving experience, security and self-governing driving abilities. One option on screen covers 5G NG eCall screening including the R&S CMX500 OBT 5G signaling tester together with the R&S SMBV100B GNSS satellite simulator. Another demonstration includes the R&S CMP180 radio interaction tester with the freshly included 5G V2X screening in addition to existing LTE based C-V2X. Now all V2X innovations are supported (LTE, NR, 11p).
Precise varying, low power intake, high security and dependability are functions of ultra-wideband (UWB) innovation that make it ideal for lots of automobile applications, particularly as digital secret. At MWC, Rohde & & Schwarz will provide the R&S CMP200 radio interaction tester with incorporated UWB test abilities to fix UWB test obstacles in mass production along with in R&D.
The Rohde & & Schwarz Networks and Cybersecurity department offers endpoint security, safe and secure networks, and top quality cryptography to make sure dependable information transfer and system stability in the general public sector, for important facilities (KRITIS), retail, health and other locations. IT groups from these sectors count on the Rohde & & Schwarz services in preparation, releasing, running, and enhancing their network and cybersecurity obstacles. Visitors at MWC can find out about modern-day and safe and secure SD-WAN, network file encryption, and safe and secure smart device interaction.
5G personal or school networks offer high efficiency that can increase efficiency and effectiveness for brand-new usage cases throughout all markets, consisting of production and warehousing, or important facilities such as energy utilities, mining and ports. Nevertheless, optimum efficiency and error-free operation are vital to recognize the anticipated service advantages and make sure the dependability of important facilities. This is attained by passive and active screening of the network in all stages: spectrum clearance and disturbance searching in preparation for rollout, efficiency tuning and approval, routine confirmation and service level tracking for predictive upkeep and troubleshooting.
At MWC, Rohde & & Schwarz will provide its thorough mobile network screening portfolio covering all these stages, consisting of a live presentation of deterministic low-latency information interaction in personal 5G networks in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute for Production Innovation IPT. Presentations will likewise consist of a mission-critical network (MCX) test option that allows effective migration to broadband MCX services for mission-critical public security interactions. Customized services for regulative authorities to secure the electro-magnetic spectrum through disturbance searching and spectrum tracking will likewise be shown.
Video game changers
Finally, Rohde & & Schwarz will bring game-changing innovations to MWC 2024. At the cubicle, visitors will experience an amazing display of extended truth (XR) applications, essential motorist of 5G and 6G and structure of the immersive Metaverse of tomorrow. The R&S CMX500 OBT 5G signaling tester carries out end-to-end screening of avatar calls utilizing 5G, making sure the quality of experience (QoE) for the customer, pressing the borders of interactions innovation.
A screen of next-generation Deep Package Examination (DPI) with Encrypted Traffic Intelligence by ipoque, a Rohde & & Schwarz business, will show how to power networking and cybersecurity services with innovative OEM network analytics innovation. The leading DPI engines R&S Â® SPEED 2 and R&S Â® vPACE identify and categorize applications, procedures and services for improved connection and security, even in the middle of encrypted and anonymized traffic.
Rohde & & Schwarz will display its thorough portfolio of test and measurement services for the mobile market at the Mobile World Congress 2024 at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona in hall 5, cubicle 5A80. For more info, go to: www.rohde-schwarz.com/mwc